BY Michelle Garcia
August 24 2009 3:15 PM ET
The Los Angeles County coroner's office has deemed Michael Jackson's June 25 death a homicide, according to the Los Angeles Times.
A month and a half after Jackson's memorial in Los Angeles -- and about a week before his scheduled burial -- the coroner's office revealed that his doctor, Conrad Murray, had given him "lethal levels" of propofol intravenously to treat his insomnia. Murray said he had been trying to wean the pop giant from the drug, and had previously lowered his dosage from 50 milligrams to 25 milligrams, while also combining it with two other sedatives (lorazepam and midazolam).
The morning before Jackson died, Murray attempted to induce sleep without using the propofol, according to a court affidavit. When the Valium that Murray gave Jackson at 1:30 a.m. did not work, Murray gave him lorazepam at 2 a.m., and an hour later, a dosage of midazolam.
He continued to give Jackson more drugs through the morning, until 10:40 a.m., when Jackson allegedly demanded 25 milligrams of propofol, which Murray admits to administering.
Police confiscated other drugs from Jackson's home.
Investigators have yet to determine whether Murray’s decision to administer the drug to Jackson outside a hospital setting reaches a level of negligence required for an involuntary manslaughter charge.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 1 hour 34 min ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 1 hour 57 min ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 2 hours 4 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia Re-Bans Same-Sex Marriage 2 hours 12 min ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 2 hours 15 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 2 hours 23 min ago
- Internet Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay 2:44 PM