BY Julie Bolcer
August 25 2009 12:45 AM ET
Melissa Sue Robinson, a transgender candidate for mayor of Nampa, Idaho, plans to sue Twitter after someone created a false account under her name and posted lewd information, reports KTRV-TV.
Robinson said she checked Google and found “something very lewd, very malicious, just downright nasty” with her name on it. The Twitter account used the title “woman with a penis,” and had tweeted lewd remarks to a Michigan reporter.
Robinson said she asked both Twitter and Google to remove the account over one month ago, but it still exists here. Robinson is working to build a defamation of character and violation of privacy lawsuit.
The 58-year-old Robinson announced in June that she would challenge incumbent mayor Tom Dale for the chance to lead Nampa, a booming city about 20 miles west of Boise. A self-described progressive, her plans include the passage of an LGBT rights ordinance, transportation improvements, and development of the downtown area.
Robinson is the former owner of a construction firm in Michigan, where she finished third in Lansing's 2003 mayoral race. She founded the National Association for the Advancement of Transgendered People.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM