BY Julie Bolcer
December 11 2009 11:25 AM ET
Tarlach MacNiallais, the gay Irish activist who says he was assaulted by bouncers in a Queens, N.Y., nightclub on Saturday for dancing with his partner, provided a detailed account of the incident to IrishCentral.com on Thursday.
MacNiallais, a 47-year-old Belfast native, told police that bouncers at the Guadalajara De Noche club in the Jackson Heights neighborhood punched and kicked him and smashed a chair over his head after they saw him dancing with another man, his partner, Juan.
“The story began on Saturday evening when MacNiallais, his partner of seven years, Juan, and four of Juan's brothers visited the Guadalajara De Noche restaurant in Jackson Heights,” reports IrishCentral.com. “The group had expected an open mike sing-along, but they discovered that a club night had been scheduled instead.”
Portions of the attack were recorded on a cell phone. The police investigation of the incident as a hate crime is ongoing.
Read more here.
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 1 hour 42 min ago
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM