BY Julie Bolcer
December 11 2009 12:25 PM ET
Tarlach MacNiallais, the gay Irish activist who says he was assaulted by bouncers in a Queens, N.Y., nightclub on Saturday for dancing with his partner, provided a detailed account of the incident to IrishCentral.com on Thursday.
MacNiallais, a 47-year-old Belfast native, told police that bouncers at the Guadalajara De Noche club in the Jackson Heights neighborhood punched and kicked him and smashed a chair over his head after they saw him dancing with another man, his partner, Juan.
“The story began on Saturday evening when MacNiallais, his partner of seven years, Juan, and four of Juan's brothers visited the Guadalajara De Noche restaurant in Jackson Heights,” reports IrishCentral.com. “The group had expected an open mike sing-along, but they discovered that a club night had been scheduled instead.”
Portions of the attack were recorded on a cell phone. The police investigation of the incident as a hate crime is ongoing.
Read more here.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- Michael Sam Not Signed to Rams Practice Squad
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers