BY Michelle Garcia
December 17 2009 6:55 PM ET
Washington, D.C., mayor Adrian Fenty will sign the gay marriage bill into law on Friday morning at All Souls Church at a special ceremony.
The bill was passed earlier this week with Fenty's support with an 11-2 vote by the city council. After Fenty signs the bill, it will be transmitted to Congress for a 30-day review period.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- Op-ed: The Gay Truth About Ronald Reagan