BY Michelle Garcia
December 17 2009 6:55 PM ET
Washington, D.C., mayor Adrian Fenty will sign the gay marriage bill into law on Friday morning at All Souls Church at a special ceremony.
The bill was passed earlier this week with Fenty's support with an 11-2 vote by the city council. After Fenty signs the bill, it will be transmitted to Congress for a 30-day review period.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Op-ed: Dear Cardinal Raymond Burke, I Am Your Gay Blood