BY Michelle Garcia
December 17 2009 6:55 PM ET
Washington, D.C., mayor Adrian Fenty will sign the gay marriage bill into law on Friday morning at All Souls Church at a special ceremony.
The bill was passed earlier this week with Fenty's support with an 11-2 vote by the city council. After Fenty signs the bill, it will be transmitted to Congress for a 30-day review period.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- WATCH: Bruce LaBruce at MoMA
- The World's Most Famous Trans Model Sits Down With Vogue