BY Michelle Garcia
December 17 2009 6:55 PM ET
Washington, D.C., mayor Adrian Fenty will sign the gay marriage bill into law on Friday morning at All Souls Church at a special ceremony.
The bill was passed earlier this week with Fenty's support with an 11-2 vote by the city council. After Fenty signs the bill, it will be transmitted to Congress for a 30-day review period.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- 'God's Not Afraid of New Things,' Pope Tells Antigay Bishops