BY Michelle Garcia
December 17 2009 6:55 PM ET
Washington, D.C., mayor Adrian Fenty will sign the gay marriage bill into law on Friday morning at All Souls Church at a special ceremony.
The bill was passed earlier this week with Fenty's support with an 11-2 vote by the city council. After Fenty signs the bill, it will be transmitted to Congress for a 30-day review period.
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Ellen DeGeneres and Gap Launch New Clothing Line for Girls That Challenges Stereotypes
- Behind the Scenes of Stonewall