BY Julie Bolcer
February 17 2010 10:30 AM ET
Nottinghamshire police have arrested newscaster Ray Gosling on suspicion of murder after the BBC veteran admitted Monday that he suffocated a gay lover who was dying of AIDS.
Gosling, 70, made the admission on the air during the BBC’s Inside Out program.
According to the BBC, the police are questioning Gosling regarding his claims about the incident, which the newscaster said happened some time ago. He has refused to name his deceased lover, with whom he says he had a pact to end his terminal pain.
Assisted suicide remains a criminal offense, according to the BBC, but interim guidelines issued in September by the director of public prosecutions establish factors that weigh in favor of and against prosecution.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment