BY Julie Bolcer
March 01 2010 10:00 AM ET
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Resource Center at the
University of California, Davis, was vandalized with antigay messages
in spray paint found Saturday morning.
According to CBS 13, the graffiti incident is the second involving hate messages to be investigated on campus in the past week. Earlier, a Jewish student found a swastika carved into her dorm room door, and racial tensions are running high due to an off-campus party that made use of urban stereotypes.
Staff of the center vowed to leave the graffiti up to demonstrate that hate still exists.
A letter from the center's staff on the door vowed to leave the graffiti up as a reminder that intolerance still exists. The center is holding a town hall meeting Monday evening to address the incidents.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM