BY Julie Bolcer
March 01 2010 9:00 AM ET
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Resource Center at the
University of California, Davis, was vandalized with antigay messages
in spray paint found Saturday morning.
According to CBS 13, the graffiti incident is the second involving hate messages to be investigated on campus in the past week. Earlier, a Jewish student found a swastika carved into her dorm room door, and racial tensions are running high due to an off-campus party that made use of urban stereotypes.
Staff of the center vowed to leave the graffiti up to demonstrate that hate still exists.
A letter from the center's staff on the door vowed to leave the graffiti up as a reminder that intolerance still exists. The center is holding a town hall meeting Monday evening to address the incidents.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'