BY Julie Bolcer
March 01 2010 10:00 AM ET
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Resource Center at the
University of California, Davis, was vandalized with antigay messages
in spray paint found Saturday morning.
According to CBS 13, the graffiti incident is the second involving hate messages to be investigated on campus in the past week. Earlier, a Jewish student found a swastika carved into her dorm room door, and racial tensions are running high due to an off-campus party that made use of urban stereotypes.
Staff of the center vowed to leave the graffiti up to demonstrate that hate still exists.
A letter from the center's staff on the door vowed to leave the graffiti up as a reminder that intolerance still exists. The center is holding a town hall meeting Monday evening to address the incidents.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 35 min 26 sec ago
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 1 hour 40 min ago
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' June 18 2013 6:06 PM