BY Julie Bolcer
March 01 2010 10:00 AM ET
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Resource Center at the
University of California, Davis, was vandalized with antigay messages
in spray paint found Saturday morning.
According to CBS 13, the graffiti incident is the second involving hate messages to be investigated on campus in the past week. Earlier, a Jewish student found a swastika carved into her dorm room door, and racial tensions are running high due to an off-campus party that made use of urban stereotypes.
Staff of the center vowed to leave the graffiti up to demonstrate that hate still exists.
A letter from the center's staff on the door vowed to leave the graffiti up as a reminder that intolerance still exists. The center is holding a town hall meeting Monday evening to address the incidents.
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation