Huckabee Makes Fun of Pelosi, Gay Marriage
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2010 1:50 PM ET
In a New Yorker profile former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee
took a swipe at House speaker Nancy Pelosi and veteran journalist Helen
Thomas, while also getting in a dig about same-sex marriage.
Huckabee, a Republican who ran for president in 2008, made it clear in the profile that he did not find either woman attractive, according to the New York Post. Ariel Levy of The New Yorker wrote, "At times, [Huckabee] seems unable to resist the force of his own funniness. I joked with him once that I would write about his [fictitious] affair with Nancy Pelosi. He e-mailed back, 'The only thing worse than a torrid affair with sweet, sweet Nancy would be a torrid affair with Helen Thomas. If those were my only options, I'd probably be for same-sex marriage!'"
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- The Backlash
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Op-ed: Bruce Jenner Helps Us Stand Taller in Our Truth
- WATCH: Preview of Tomorrow's Supreme Court Argument