Huckabee Makes Fun of Pelosi, Gay Marriage
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2010 1:50 PM ET
In a New Yorker profile former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee
took a swipe at House speaker Nancy Pelosi and veteran journalist Helen
Thomas, while also getting in a dig about same-sex marriage.
Huckabee, a Republican who ran for president in 2008, made it clear in the profile that he did not find either woman attractive, according to the New York Post. Ariel Levy of The New Yorker wrote, "At times, [Huckabee] seems unable to resist the force of his own funniness. I joked with him once that I would write about his [fictitious] affair with Nancy Pelosi. He e-mailed back, 'The only thing worse than a torrid affair with sweet, sweet Nancy would be a torrid affair with Helen Thomas. If those were my only options, I'd probably be for same-sex marriage!'"
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- Never Say This to Gay Parents
- Same-Sex Couples Ask Supreme Court to Review Their Victory
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead