Pride Flies High in Seattle
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 26 2010 9:25 PM ET
For the first time, a rainbow flag is flying on top of Seattle’s Space Needle in recognition of gay pride in the city.
SeattlePI.com’s Joe Mirabella was among the group of people who climbed to the top of the iconic tower on Friday to help raise the flag.
“The Space Needle attracts millions of visitors a year and is a privately owned business,” Mirabella wrote. “It is an amazing sign of progress that an institution like the Space Needle is ready to celebrate with our community this weekend. I am proud of Seattle. I am proud of my community.”
Read Mirabella’s report and see more photos here.
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times