Pride Flies High in Seattle
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 26 2010 9:25 PM ET
For the first time, a rainbow flag is flying on top of Seattle’s Space Needle in recognition of gay pride in the city.
SeattlePI.com’s Joe Mirabella was among the group of people who climbed to the top of the iconic tower on Friday to help raise the flag.
“The Space Needle attracts millions of visitors a year and is a privately owned business,” Mirabella wrote. “It is an amazing sign of progress that an institution like the Space Needle is ready to celebrate with our community this weekend. I am proud of Seattle. I am proud of my community.”
Read Mirabella’s report and see more photos here.
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- Minister From Viral Video Is Not a Gay Rights Champion After All