Pride Flies High in Seattle
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 26 2010 9:25 PM ET
For the first time, a rainbow flag is flying on top of Seattle’s Space Needle in recognition of gay pride in the city.
SeattlePI.com’s Joe Mirabella was among the group of people who climbed to the top of the iconic tower on Friday to help raise the flag.
“The Space Needle attracts millions of visitors a year and is a privately owned business,” Mirabella wrote. “It is an amazing sign of progress that an institution like the Space Needle is ready to celebrate with our community this weekend. I am proud of Seattle. I am proud of my community.”
Read Mirabella’s report and see more photos here.
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding