Mysterious Death for "Private" Gay Spy
BY Michelle Garcia
August 27 2010 12:25 PM ET
Welsh police investigators are not classifying the death of an MI6
agent as a murder despite finding his body stuffed in a bag placed in
the bathtub of his apartment..
Gareth Williams, 30, was found dead after his body had been decomposing for as long as two weeks, Wales Online reports. A pathologist said there were no signs of stabbing, shooting, or strangulation, and police said Williams, described as a "fitness fanatic" may have "died innocently." They also said there was no sign of forced entry into his apartment.
Williams's family is dismissing speculation that he may have died after a sex game took a wrong turn. According to the report, his sexual orientation and experience as a transvestite had upset his parents, and his privately guarded life may be a key into learning more about his death. Investigators said he likely knew who killed him and that his death was probably not related to his professional life as a spy.
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Gay Women - News & Culture for Lesbian, Bisexual, and Trans Women
- U.S. Suspends Part of Health Aid to Uganda Over 'Jail the Gays' Law
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 29 min 26 sec ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 1 hour 29 min ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 March 14 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages March 14 2014 6:39 PM
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? March 14 2014 5:30 PM