Mysterious Death for "Private" Gay Spy
BY Michelle Garcia
August 27 2010 11:25 AM ET
Welsh police investigators are not classifying the death of an MI6
agent as a murder despite finding his body stuffed in a bag placed in
the bathtub of his apartment..
Gareth Williams, 30, was found dead after his body had been decomposing for as long as two weeks, Wales Online reports. A pathologist said there were no signs of stabbing, shooting, or strangulation, and police said Williams, described as a "fitness fanatic" may have "died innocently." They also said there was no sign of forced entry into his apartment.
Williams's family is dismissing speculation that he may have died after a sex game took a wrong turn. According to the report, his sexual orientation and experience as a transvestite had upset his parents, and his privately guarded life may be a key into learning more about his death. Investigators said he likely knew who killed him and that his death was probably not related to his professional life as a spy.
- Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- India's Sodomy Ban Incites 'Day of Rage' Among Activists
- Senate Republicans Introduce 'License to Discriminate' Bill
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV
- Politics India's Sodomy Ban Incites 'Day of Rage' Among Activists 55 min 39 sec ago
- Activism Queers for Economic Justice Announces Closure 57 min 55 sec ago
- Entertainment News Johnny Weir Scrubs His Bio of Russian Government Work 2 hours 5 min ago
- Transgender HHS to Reevaluate Ban on Gender-Confirming Surgeries 2 hours 10 min ago
- Television WATCH: Ian McKellen Strolls Down Sesame Street 2 hours 39 min ago
- Women WATCH: Mary Lambert's Version of 'Teenage Dirtbag' is a Lesbian Love Song! 1:59 PM
- Marriage Equality Senate Republicans Introduce 'License to Discriminate' Bill 1:51 PM