Family Says Dead Spy Not Gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 31 2010 5:30 PM ET
Scotland Yard investigators said Monday that there is no evidence that
an MI6 spy who was found dead in his apartment last week was gay.
Gareth Williams, 31, was found dead in his apartment in central London on August 23. Williams's body was found in a bag placed in his bathtub and had been there for several days, according to the Daily Mail. Investigators now say they believe Williams died in a bizarre accident and was placed in the bag much later.
While initial reports said Williams lived a private life and that his family was unaware of his sexual orientation, his family and friends now say there is no evidence to support reports he was gay and that statements to that effect are being used to smear him.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor