McCain DADT Meltdown Set to Music
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 27 2010 8:55 AM ET
A new video provides a jazzy sound track for the testy words Sen. John McCain delivered in an interview last week with The Advocate’s Kerry Eleveld and Metro Weekly’s Chris Geidner.
Eleveld and Geidner spoke with McCain on Tuesday after Republicans succeeded in their effort to filibuster an attempt to advance repeal of the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy. Pressed by the gay journalists, McCain denied that the military searches the private e-mails of soldiers, despite evidence to the contrary.
“I don’t care what you say, and I don’t care what others say,” said McCain during the extraordinary exchange.
The music video juxtaposes the Vietnam veteran’s disregard for the journalists’ arguments with his professed concern for what the military thinks about repealing the policy.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM