Lance Bass: I Was a Bully
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 02 2010 1:15 PM ET
Addressing the rash of reported gay suicides, Lance Bass admits in an MTV video that he was once a bully at his Mississippi high school.
Bass says he participated in the bullying of gay students because he was trying to hide the fact that he was gay.
"I was one of the first ones to jump on the bandwagon and make fun of a gay person, and look how I turned out," Bass says. "I had a secret this whole time ... There's always a bigger story than what you see."
Click here to watch the video.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Op-ed: Male Gays and the Male Gaze
- A Best-Case, Worst-Case Look at the Supreme Court's Options
- Op-ed: 6 Lessons a Straight Couple Learned From Owning a Gay Bar
- Alabama Marriage Equality on Two-Week Hold
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally