Gay Prince Gets Life Sentence
BY Michelle Garcia
October 20 2010 11:30 AM ET
Gay Saudi prince Saud Abdulaziz bin Nasser al Saud has been sentenced to life in prison for killing his servant Bandar Abdulaziz at a
five-star London hotel in February.
A British judge handed down the sentence Wednesday after a jury deliberated for an hour and 35 minutes, according to The Daily Telegraph. Prosecutors said al Saud, 34, was fueled by champagne and cocktails on the night of the murder. His beating of Abdulaziz, 32, was emblematic of an ongoing master-servant relationship in which he exploited his authority, they said.
The jury was told the beating had a "sexual element."
"You were in a position of authority and trust over him which you exploited ruthlessly," said Justice Bean, the judge in the case, according to the BBC. "I think the most likely explanation is that you could not care less whether you killed him or not."
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher 2 hours 58 min ago
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson 6:03 PM
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 4:20 PM