Gay Prince Gets Life Sentence
BY Michelle Garcia
October 20 2010 11:30 AM ET
Gay Saudi prince Saud Abdulaziz bin Nasser al Saud has been sentenced to life in prison for killing his servant Bandar Abdulaziz at a
five-star London hotel in February.
A British judge handed down the sentence Wednesday after a jury deliberated for an hour and 35 minutes, according to The Daily Telegraph. Prosecutors said al Saud, 34, was fueled by champagne and cocktails on the night of the murder. His beating of Abdulaziz, 32, was emblematic of an ongoing master-servant relationship in which he exploited his authority, they said.
The jury was told the beating had a "sexual element."
"You were in a position of authority and trust over him which you exploited ruthlessly," said Justice Bean, the judge in the case, according to the BBC. "I think the most likely explanation is that you could not care less whether you killed him or not."
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 7 min 13 sec ago
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 1 hour 6 min ago
- Crime WATCH: Gay Couple Attacked in NYC on 10th Anniversary 1 hour 12 min ago
- Theater Late Gay TV Star's Play Eyes Broadway 1 hour 56 min ago
- Commentary Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists? 1 hour 56 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Jeffrey: The Series Episode 7, ‘Velvet Rope’ 1 hour 59 min ago
- Religion Meet the Controversial Spiritual Adviser to Trans People 11:39 AM