Gay Prince Gets Life Sentence
BY Michelle Garcia
October 20 2010 12:30 PM ET
Gay Saudi prince Saud Abdulaziz bin Nasser al Saud has been sentenced to life in prison for killing his servant Bandar Abdulaziz at a
five-star London hotel in February.
A British judge handed down the sentence Wednesday after a jury deliberated for an hour and 35 minutes, according to The Daily Telegraph. Prosecutors said al Saud, 34, was fueled by champagne and cocktails on the night of the murder. His beating of Abdulaziz, 32, was emblematic of an ongoing master-servant relationship in which he exploited his authority, they said.
The jury was told the beating had a "sexual element."
"You were in a position of authority and trust over him which you exploited ruthlessly," said Justice Bean, the judge in the case, according to the BBC. "I think the most likely explanation is that you could not care less whether you killed him or not."
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- WATCH: More Officials Like Kim Davis Would Be a Disaster
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball