Trans Murder Suspect Goes to Cops
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2010 1:35 PM ET
One of the suspects in the killing of Victoria Carmen White
(pictured), a transgender woman who was found dead in her apartment
in Maplewood, N.J., September 12, turned himself in Saturday night.
Marquise L. Foster, 25, is in the custody of Essex County authorities as the other suspect, 23-year-old Alrashim N. Chambers of Newark, remains at large, according to CNN.
White met Foster, Chambers, and two others at a nightclub the night she was shot and killed. According to reports, White brought them to her apartment, where an altercation broke out. The two unidentified people at the apartment were not connected to the shooting, police said.
Local prosecutors have said the men allegedly connected to White's death as well as those accused in the death of a 30-year-old gay man, also in Maplewood, may face additional hate-rime charges.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! 57 min 54 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. 1 hour 1 min ago
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' 1 hour 23 min ago
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude 1 hour 26 min ago
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 2 hours 52 min ago
- Politics Neither Democrats Nor Republicans Pleased With Virginia's GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee 5:39 PM
- Entertainment News Bling King: Liberace Car, Piano on View in NYC 5:22 PM