Dr. Phil Slams McCance “Non-Apology”
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 30 2010 1:15 PM ET
Dr. Phil appeared on Anderson Cooper’s 360 to say he isn’t satisfied with antigay Arkansas school board member Clint McCance’s apology for posting on Facebook that he thinks gay teens should kill themselves.
“This isn't really an apology,” Dr. Phil said. "My concern is that, because this is getting so much attention ... the downside of it is that gay, lesbian, transgender, and questioning youth right now can say, 'See, that's how they really feel,' and we drive them further back."
Watch the clip below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Week in Geek: Star Trek Actor Gets Wet and Naked, Justice League, and More 25 min 31 sec ago
- Activism Multimedia Project Addresses LGBT Rights Among Palestinians 51 min 3 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert is a Lesbian Stereotype in Flannel and Birkenstocks 2 hours 20 min ago
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 2:54 PM
- Music Gay Singer-Songwriter Deals with Heartbreak 2:52 PM
- Politics Obama Nominates Lesbian Attorney for Second EEOC Term 2:52 PM
- Theater New Play Criticizes Gay Minstrel Roles 2:43 PM