Dr. Phil Slams McCance “Non-Apology”
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 30 2010 1:15 PM ET
Dr. Phil appeared on Anderson Cooper’s 360 to say he isn’t satisfied with antigay Arkansas school board member Clint McCance’s apology for posting on Facebook that he thinks gay teens should kill themselves.
“This isn't really an apology,” Dr. Phil said. "My concern is that, because this is getting so much attention ... the downside of it is that gay, lesbian, transgender, and questioning youth right now can say, 'See, that's how they really feel,' and we drive them further back."
Watch the clip below.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Schumer: The Reason We Excluded Gays Offers 'Little Comfort' 24 min 35 sec ago
- World News PHOTOS: Startling Response to Right-Winger's Suicide in Notre Dame 54 min 3 sec ago
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 1 hour 46 min ago
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 9:03 AM
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 8:27 AM
- Travel A Perfect Day in Rio 7:59 AM
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 5:30 AM