Meet Kye Allums, Transgender NCAA Basketball Player
BY Julie Bolcer
November 02 2010 9:30 AM ET
Kye Allums, a junior guard for the women’s basketball team at George Washington University, is the first publicly transgender person to play NCAA Division I college basketball.
OutSports’ Cyd Zeigler tells the story of Allums, who changed his name from Kay-Kay earlier this year. A Minnesota native, he will make a very significant homecoming this month.
“On Nov. 13, Kye Allums will introduce himself to the NCAA basketball world at the Best Buy Classic in Minneapolis in a game against the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay,” reports Ziegler. “When he steps foot on the court, Allums will be the first publicly transgender person to play NCAA Div. 1 college basketball.”
Read Kye’s story here.
- Politics A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade 47 min 53 sec ago
- Love and Sex WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video 1 hour 28 min ago
- Religion LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades 1 hour 38 min ago
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade March 16 2014 5:34 PM
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? March 16 2014 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? March 16 2014 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM