Cher Talks Chaz, Trans Kids
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 17 2010 2:35 PM ET
Cher tells other parents of transgender children to take it slowly, that there are many difficult feelings that come up and changes they'll experience, in a video interview with The Advocate. She also remembers calling Chaz's voice mail before he rerecorded his outgoing message and thinking that that was the last time she'd ever hear the voice she'd known her whole life.
The superstar entertainer stars in Burlesque, which opens November 24.
Watch the clip below.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel Gay Bashing? There's an App for That! 49 min 37 sec ago
- Commentary Gun Advocate Uses Gays To Make His Point 2 hours 46 min ago
- Music EXCLUSIVE: Audra McDonald's 'Some Days' 8:56 AM
- Travel A Handy, Color-Coded Map to Gay Europe 8:43 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 4:40 AM
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 4:00 AM
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM