Victory Fund Supports Fort Worth's Burns
BY Neal Broverman
December 10 2010 4:55 PM ET
The Victory Fund has made its first endorsement for 2011 — getting behind the reelection effort of Joel Burns, the gay Fort Worth city councilman who in October made an impassioned speech in council chambers on LGBT youth suicides.
Burns's speech has been watched 2.5 million times, and the Victory Fund — which works to elect LGBT candidates to political office — says he has become a role model because of it. The councilman is running for reelection next year to represent the Texas city's District 9.
"Joel represents what the Victory Fund is all about — making sure LGBT voices are represented in government, and making sure we are heard," Chuck Wolfe, president and CEO of the Victory Fund, said in a press release.
Read more about Burns here.
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- Shocking Increase in HIV Diagnosis Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men
- WATCH: Do Kids Movies Push The 'Gay Agenda'?
- Don't Look a Gift Unicorn In the Mouth
- GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index Reveals Lack of LGBT Visibility
- Fox Pundit: Obama Forcing 'Militant LGBT Agenda' on Christians