Victory Fund Supports Fort Worth's Burns
BY Neal Broverman
December 10 2010 3:55 PM ET
The Victory Fund has made its first endorsement for 2011 — getting behind the reelection effort of Joel Burns, the gay Fort Worth city councilman who in October made an impassioned speech in council chambers on LGBT youth suicides.
Burns's speech has been watched 2.5 million times, and the Victory Fund — which works to elect LGBT candidates to political office — says he has become a role model because of it. The councilman is running for reelection next year to represent the Texas city's District 9.
"Joel represents what the Victory Fund is all about — making sure LGBT voices are represented in government, and making sure we are heard," Chuck Wolfe, president and CEO of the Victory Fund, said in a press release.
Read more about Burns here.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Marriage Equality Good for New Mexico Kids, Experts Say
- Commentary Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation 1 hour 11 min ago
- Day in LGBT America The Many Faces of LGBT Family 2 hours 11 min ago
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 2 hours 12 min ago
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM