Soccer Executive's Warning to Gays
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 13 2010 9:20 PM ET
Sepp Blatter, the president of the International Federation of Association Football, wants gay soccer fans to remain chaste when the World Cup touches down in Qatar in 2022.
Blatter said gay fans "should refrain from any sexual activities" that are illegal in Qatar, reports The Huffington Post. "It's another culture and another religion, but in football we have no boundaries. We open everything to everybody and I think there shall not be any discrimination against any human beings, being on this side or that side, left or right or whatever."
Read the full story here.
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Boxer Manny Pacquiao Denies Making Antigay Remarks
- Op-ed: Help Decide the Future of the LGBT Movement
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over