Tiffany Outs a New Kid
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 21 2011 3:20 PM ET
Late-’80s pop icon Tiffany was appearing on Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live Thursday night when she let slip that New Kids on the Block’s Jonathan Knight is gay.
The transcript is below.
Andy Cohen: Tiffany, New Kids on The Block opened for you. Did you have anything with any of the NKOTB ...
Tiffany: I did, with Jonathan Knight.
Andy: Oh, Jordan Knight.
Tiffany: No, the quiet one. The shy one. He's fabulous. But he became gay later.
Andy: Did you turn him?
Tiffany: No [laughs]. I had issues with that, I was thinking maybe I did. But no, now looking back when we were dating, he was so much fun — we used to do facials together, he was so easy to talk to.
In 2009 the National Enquirer ran an interview with a man claiming to be Knight's former partner. He told the tabloid Knight discovered he liked men shortly after dating Tiffany.
The New Kids on the Block are currently scheduled to hit the road this summer on a concert tour with the Backstreet Boys.
Tiffany was appearing on the show with fellow pop star Debbie Gibson, who followed it up by saying she has plenty of gay ex-boyfriends too.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 33 min 28 sec ago
- Music Gay Singer-Songwriter Deals with Heartbreak 35 min 29 sec ago
- Politics Obama Nominates Lesbian Attorney for Second EEOC Term 35 min 58 sec ago
- Theater New Play Criticizes Gay Minstrel Roles 44 min 58 sec ago
- Women Shot of the Day: WildFang's Tomboy Line Channels Androgynous Icons 54 min 49 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Real Lesbians Watch and Break Down 'Lesbian' Porn 1 hour 4 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under the Bus—Again 1 hour 52 min ago