Newt Gingrich: Impeach Obama?
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2011 1:15 PM ET
Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich said during an interview with Newsmax that he thinks President Obama’s decision to stop enforcing the Defense of Marriage Act might be an impeachable offense.
He stopped short of of saying congressional Republicans should call for articles of impeachment against Obama. But he said if President Sarah Palin were to similarly reject congressional legislation like Roe v. Wade, the left would crucify her.
He said he thinks members of congress need to confront Obama and force him to defend DOMA.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson May 19 2013 1:01 PM
- Comedy WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression May 19 2013 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? May 19 2013 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM