Newt Gingrich: Impeach Obama?
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2011 1:15 PM ET
Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich said during an interview with Newsmax that he thinks President Obama’s decision to stop enforcing the Defense of Marriage Act might be an impeachable offense.
He stopped short of of saying congressional Republicans should call for articles of impeachment against Obama. But he said if President Sarah Palin were to similarly reject congressional legislation like Roe v. Wade, the left would crucify her.
He said he thinks members of congress need to confront Obama and force him to defend DOMA.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date