Newt Gingrich: Impeach Obama?
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2011 12:15 PM ET
Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich said during an interview with Newsmax that he thinks President Obama’s decision to stop enforcing the Defense of Marriage Act might be an impeachable offense.
He stopped short of of saying congressional Republicans should call for articles of impeachment against Obama. But he said if President Sarah Palin were to similarly reject congressional legislation like Roe v. Wade, the left would crucify her.
He said he thinks members of congress need to confront Obama and force him to defend DOMA.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'