Newt Gingrich: Impeach Obama?
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2011 1:15 PM ET
Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich said during an interview with Newsmax that he thinks President Obama’s decision to stop enforcing the Defense of Marriage Act might be an impeachable offense.
He stopped short of of saying congressional Republicans should call for articles of impeachment against Obama. But he said if President Sarah Palin were to similarly reject congressional legislation like Roe v. Wade, the left would crucify her.
He said he thinks members of congress need to confront Obama and force him to defend DOMA.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'