Newt Gingrich: Impeach Obama?
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2011 1:15 PM ET
Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich said during an interview with Newsmax that he thinks President Obama’s decision to stop enforcing the Defense of Marriage Act might be an impeachable offense.
He stopped short of of saying congressional Republicans should call for articles of impeachment against Obama. But he said if President Sarah Palin were to similarly reject congressional legislation like Roe v. Wade, the left would crucify her.
He said he thinks members of congress need to confront Obama and force him to defend DOMA.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Antigay Group's Ad Tells Supreme Court: Marriage 'God's Alone to Decide'