Newt Gingrich: Impeach Obama?
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2011 12:15 PM ET
Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich said during an interview with Newsmax that he thinks President Obama’s decision to stop enforcing the Defense of Marriage Act might be an impeachable offense.
He stopped short of of saying congressional Republicans should call for articles of impeachment against Obama. But he said if President Sarah Palin were to similarly reject congressional legislation like Roe v. Wade, the left would crucify her.
He said he thinks members of congress need to confront Obama and force him to defend DOMA.
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- WATCH: Pat Robertson Says Pray for Gays 'Recruited' By Child Abuse
- WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary 16 min 22 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! 36 min 28 sec ago
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse 2 hours 27 min ago
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen 4:07 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 3:20 PM
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 2:50 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 2:44 PM