Dan Savage Heading to MTV
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 03 2011 11:45 PM ET
MTV has given the green light to Savage U, a late-night show
featuring advice columnist and It Gets Better Project creator Dan Savage talking sex,
love, and relationships with college students.
The network ordered the show to premiere in January. It's one of four shows MTV ordered last week.
"I don’t think there are any networks talking to teenagers about how to navigate sex and modern relationships," MTV head of production Chris Linn told Entertainment Weekly. There’s been a real leap forward in information online and the way teens communicate, and Dan is somebody who brings real credibility.”
Savage's It Gets Better book, based on the antibullying campaign he launched last year, debuted on the New York Times best-seller list in March.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process to Remain Relevant
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality May 23 2013 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth May 23 2013 6:22 PM
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva May 23 2013 6:15 PM