More From Ellis on and HIV
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 14 2011 10:00 AM ET
Less Than Zero author Bret Easton Ellis wants his fans to know he wasn't drunk when he said watching Glee made him feel like he'd "stepped into a puddle of HIV," but in a new tweet to clarify, he blames that feeling squarely on Kurt.
Ellis wrote in a new tweet Wednesday evening, "No, I wasn't drunk last night. I was watching Chris Colfer singing, um, 'Le Jazz Hot' and felt like I had suddenly come down with the hivs."
Ellis has stated in past interviews that he does not identify as either gay or straight. His controversial novels have come under fire for glamorizing drug use and violence against women.
- BREAKING: New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Meet the People Fired for Being LGBT in 2013
- Pastor Defrocked for Performing Son's Same-Sex Marriage
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- Women Op-ed: Silencing a #SharedGirlHood on Social Media 21 min 5 sec ago
- Politics Putin's Top Priority: 'Equal Terms' for Olympic Athletes 25 min 21 sec ago
- Travel Wanna Go to the SAG Awards in L.A.? 29 min 59 sec ago
- Activism HRC Donates $100K to Support Russian LGBTs 37 min 42 sec ago
- Religion Pastor Defrocked for Performing Son's Same-Sex Marriage 1 hour 1 min ago
- Women WATCH: Who's in the Mood for a Jennifer Lawrence / Butt Plug story? 1 hour 7 min ago
- Women WATCH: Out Sochi Olympics Delegate Caitlin Cahow On Going to Russia 1 hour 45 min ago