More From Ellis on and HIV
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 14 2011 11:00 AM ET
Less Than Zero author Bret Easton Ellis wants his fans to know he wasn't drunk when he said watching Glee made him feel like he'd "stepped into a puddle of HIV," but in a new tweet to clarify, he blames that feeling squarely on Kurt.
Ellis wrote in a new tweet Wednesday evening, "No, I wasn't drunk last night. I was watching Chris Colfer singing, um, 'Le Jazz Hot' and felt like I had suddenly come down with the hivs."
Ellis has stated in past interviews that he does not identify as either gay or straight. His controversial novels have come under fire for glamorizing drug use and violence against women.
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall
- N.J. School Reverses Position, Will Let Trans Teen Attend As Girl She Is
- Writers Lena Waithe & Justin Simien Show Hollywood It’s More Than Just Black & White
- Michfest Has a Few Demands Of Its Own