Death Threats for Album
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 22 2011 8:55 AM ET
Rapper Lil B said he is receiving death threats because of his decision to title his next album I’m Gay.
MTV News reports on the death threats that fans have sent using social media. The rapper announced the new album name from the stage at the Coachella festival in California earlier this month.
"People been hitting me up like, 'I'm gonna bash your head in,' 'you f----t,' 'I'm gonna kill you,'" said the rapper.
Lil B said he is heterosexual but “gay” in the sense of happy. He insists that the album name is not a gimmick, a point raised by officials with the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, who said they hoped his album represented “a sincere attempt to be an ally.”
The rapper said, "I got major love for the gay and lesbian community, and I just want to push less separation and that's why I'm doing it. I hope GLAAD sees that I'm taking initial steps to break barriers."
Although Lil B said some fans have turned against him because of the album name, he remains undeterred. A release is planned for iTunes in the next month or so.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Mass. Lt. Gov. Candidate Backs Marriage Equality; Conservatives Object
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit 22 min 50 sec ago
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 2 hours 3 min ago
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 2 hours 11 min ago
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 2 hours 54 min ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM