Meet ’s Gay Contestants
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 04 2011 7:55 PM ET
Nakia — Based in Austin, 36-year-old Nakia draws strength from his extended family and inspiration from the memory of his father. Until he passed away in 2009, Nakia's dad encouraged him to follow his dreams. The bluesy singer knows he doesn't look like a typical pop performer, but that doesn't discourage him at all. He realizes that on The Voice, all that matters is how he sings. Coached by: Cee Lo
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- WATCH: Gays Want Everyone to Join Them in Hell, Says Colo. GOP Candidate