Meet ’s Gay Contestants
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 04 2011 7:55 PM ET
Nakia — Based in Austin, 36-year-old Nakia draws strength from his extended family and inspiration from the memory of his father. Until he passed away in 2009, Nakia's dad encouraged him to follow his dreams. The bluesy singer knows he doesn't look like a typical pop performer, but that doesn't discourage him at all. He realizes that on The Voice, all that matters is how he sings. Coached by: Cee Lo
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups