Lampanelli: In Your Face, Westboro
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 27 2011 5:30 PM ET
Comedian Lisa Lampanelli didn't make good on her promise to counteract the hatred of the Westboro Baptist Church by donating $44,000 to the Gay Men's Health Crisis — she donated $50,000.
On Thursday, Lampanelli handed over a check to the GMHC at a ceremony in New York. The comedian made the donation in response to the WBC picketing a recent performance of hers in Topeka, Kan., where the hate group is based.
Click this link from TMZ to hear Lampanelli's choice words for the WBC.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 1 hour 19 min ago
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM