N.Y.: Mehlman Confronted at Marriage Celebration
BY Michelle Garcia
June 29 2011 1:55 PM ET
Ken Mehlman, a former Republican National Committee Chairman who later came out as gay, was confronted by a gay rights activist, as he was celebrating the passage of marriage equality in New York.
Jon Winkleman asked Mehlman about his previous affiliation with President George W. Bush, and the passage of several state-based antigay marriage amendments that were approved in tandem with Republican campaigning. Mehlman countered that he was now focused on fighting to legalize marriage equality in New York.
Watch the exchange below.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Artist Spotlight: Ben McNutt
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win