N.Y.: Mehlman Confronted at Marriage Celebration
BY Michelle Garcia
June 29 2011 1:55 PM ET
Ken Mehlman, a former Republican National Committee Chairman who later came out as gay, was confronted by a gay rights activist, as he was celebrating the passage of marriage equality in New York.
Jon Winkleman asked Mehlman about his previous affiliation with President George W. Bush, and the passage of several state-based antigay marriage amendments that were approved in tandem with Republican campaigning. Mehlman countered that he was now focused on fighting to legalize marriage equality in New York.
Watch the exchange below.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' March 09 2014 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM