N.Y.: Mehlman Confronted at Marriage Celebration
BY Michelle Garcia
June 29 2011 1:55 PM ET
Ken Mehlman, a former Republican National Committee Chairman who later came out as gay, was confronted by a gay rights activist, as he was celebrating the passage of marriage equality in New York.
Jon Winkleman asked Mehlman about his previous affiliation with President George W. Bush, and the passage of several state-based antigay marriage amendments that were approved in tandem with Republican campaigning. Mehlman countered that he was now focused on fighting to legalize marriage equality in New York.
Watch the exchange below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 26 min 15 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM