N.Y.: Mehlman Confronted at Marriage Celebration
BY Michelle Garcia
June 29 2011 1:55 PM ET
Ken Mehlman, a former Republican National Committee Chairman who later came out as gay, was confronted by a gay rights activist, as he was celebrating the passage of marriage equality in New York.
Jon Winkleman asked Mehlman about his previous affiliation with President George W. Bush, and the passage of several state-based antigay marriage amendments that were approved in tandem with Republican campaigning. Mehlman countered that he was now focused on fighting to legalize marriage equality in New York.
Watch the exchange below.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust