Jamaica Wants Unconditional Love for Gays
BY Winston Gieseke
August 02 2011 2:45 PM ET
A new series of public service announcements is asking Jamaicans to be more accepting of LGBT family members.
Launched by the advocacy group Jamaica Forum for Lesbians, All-Sexuals, and Gays (J-FLAG), the first video features former Miss Jamaica World (1998) and Miss Jamaica Universe (2004) Christine Straw with her gay brother, Matthew.
"I’m very, very proud of my brother, and his sexuality has nothing to do with how much I love him or how little I love him," Straw says in the PSA. "At the end of the day, you love the person. Who cares what their sexuality is? That doesn’t form who they are."
Watch the video below.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- WATCH: Antigay Baker Cries to Values Voters Summit Over Lawsuit
- Transgender College Student Attacked in Possible Hate Crime
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School