Jamaica Wants Unconditional Love for Gays
BY Winston Gieseke
August 02 2011 1:45 PM ET
A new series of public service announcements is asking Jamaicans to be more accepting of LGBT family members.
Launched by the advocacy group Jamaica Forum for Lesbians, All-Sexuals, and Gays (J-FLAG), the first video features former Miss Jamaica World (1998) and Miss Jamaica Universe (2004) Christine Straw with her gay brother, Matthew.
"I’m very, very proud of my brother, and his sexuality has nothing to do with how much I love him or how little I love him," Straw says in the PSA. "At the end of the day, you love the person. Who cares what their sexuality is? That doesn’t form who they are."
Watch the video below.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride 1 hour 52 min ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 2 hours 18 min ago
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 2 hours 23 min ago
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 2 hours 46 min ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 2 hours 48 min ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 5:53 PM
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 5:49 PM