Jamaica Wants Unconditional Love for Gays
BY Winston Gieseke
August 02 2011 2:45 PM ET
A new series of public service announcements is asking Jamaicans to be more accepting of LGBT family members.
Launched by the advocacy group Jamaica Forum for Lesbians, All-Sexuals, and Gays (J-FLAG), the first video features former Miss Jamaica World (1998) and Miss Jamaica Universe (2004) Christine Straw with her gay brother, Matthew.
"I’m very, very proud of my brother, and his sexuality has nothing to do with how much I love him or how little I love him," Straw says in the PSA. "At the end of the day, you love the person. Who cares what their sexuality is? That doesn’t form who they are."
Watch the video below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked 10 min 13 sec ago
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition 42 min 33 sec ago
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder 1 hour 15 min ago
- Politics Puerto Rico House Approves Antidiscrimination Bill 1 hour 23 min ago
- Entertainment News Week in Geek: Star Trek Actor Gets Wet and Naked, Justice League, and More 2 hours 11 min ago
- Activism Multimedia Project Addresses LGBT Rights Among Palestinians 2 hours 36 min ago
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert is a Lesbian Stereotype in Flannel and Birkenstocks 3:36 PM