Jamaica Wants Unconditional Love for Gays
BY Winston Gieseke
August 02 2011 2:45 PM ET
A new series of public service announcements is asking Jamaicans to be more accepting of LGBT family members.
Launched by the advocacy group Jamaica Forum for Lesbians, All-Sexuals, and Gays (J-FLAG), the first video features former Miss Jamaica World (1998) and Miss Jamaica Universe (2004) Christine Straw with her gay brother, Matthew.
"I’m very, very proud of my brother, and his sexuality has nothing to do with how much I love him or how little I love him," Straw says in the PSA. "At the end of the day, you love the person. Who cares what their sexuality is? That doesn’t form who they are."
Watch the video below.
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- 18 Camp Classic Musicals That Make Us Sing
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either