Jamaica Wants Unconditional Love for Gays
BY Winston Gieseke
August 02 2011 2:45 PM ET
A new series of public service announcements is asking Jamaicans to be more accepting of LGBT family members.
Launched by the advocacy group Jamaica Forum for Lesbians, All-Sexuals, and Gays (J-FLAG), the first video features former Miss Jamaica World (1998) and Miss Jamaica Universe (2004) Christine Straw with her gay brother, Matthew.
"I’m very, very proud of my brother, and his sexuality has nothing to do with how much I love him or how little I love him," Straw says in the PSA. "At the end of the day, you love the person. Who cares what their sexuality is? That doesn’t form who they are."
Watch the video below.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- Gov. Mike Pence: 'This Is a Perception Problem'
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'