Will Anderson Cooper Discuss His Personal Life on New Show?
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 27 2011 4:05 PM ET
Anderson Cooper says it's possible he will discuss his significant other on his upcoming daytime talk show Anderson, according to a new profile in Entertainment Weekly.
"My job has been reporting for so long," Cooper tells EW when asked if he'll discuss his personal life on the new talk show. "I have a nightly newscast. I'm not interested in who reporters are seeing. The less I know about reporters, the better, from my perspective as a viewer. I'm not interested in their personal lives. But I understand people are, and, you know, we'll see."
Writer Tim Stack mentions that audiences are acquainted with other popular daytime hosts' significant others and names Oprah Winfrey's longtime partner Steadman Graham, Phil Donahue's wife Marlo Thomas, and Ellen DeGeneres's wife Portia de Rossi. Cooper says it's possible he'll discuss his significant other on the show but declines to mention whether he's currently dating anyone.
Cooper, considered one of the most affable and relatable television journalists, also opens up to EW about his privileged upbringing in Manhattan as a son of heiress Gloria Vanderbilt and writer Wyatt Cooper. Among frequent houseguests was late gay author Truman Capote who "was mean and had long, curly toenails." Cooper reveals that the suicide of his brother Carter spurred him to become a journalist.
Cooper also commented on his recent on-air giggle fit over actor Gerard Depardieu, which quickly went viral. “I don’t know what happened with the giggling,” he tells EW. “I mean, I’ve always giggled like a 13 year-old girl at a Justin Bieber meet and greet. There’s nothing I can do about it but I’ve never not been able to stop.
Cooper's new series is scheduled to premiere on September 12 in syndication. His current show Anderson Cooper 360 airs weeknights on CNN.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 1 hour 40 min ago
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM