See the Ad Calling Gays "Depraved"
BY Neal Broverman
August 30 2011 2:15 PM ET
A full-page ad that ran in Saturday's El Paso Times that used words like "poison," "evil," and "putrid" to describe homosexuality has been removed from the newspaper's digital edition.
The advertisement comes from Michael Rodriguez, a local Catholic priest who has a vendetta against gays that the El Paso Times has given a forum to before.
The El Paso Times was contacted several times by The Advocate, but the newspaper has not yet released a statement on the ad or its advertisement policies. A writer from the El Paso Times did indicate that many people were unhappy with their decision to run the ad and that the paper was working on their own story concerning the matter. The ad reached approximately 108,000 people, the circulation of the El Paso Times.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
- Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality 7:00 PM
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay 6:48 PM
- Women Obama to Award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Sally Ride 6:01 PM
- Pride Turn It Way Up with Pride Beats 2013 6:00 PM