See the Ad Calling Gays "Depraved"
BY Neal Broverman
August 30 2011 2:15 PM ET
A full-page ad that ran in Saturday's El Paso Times that used words like "poison," "evil," and "putrid" to describe homosexuality has been removed from the newspaper's digital edition.
The advertisement comes from Michael Rodriguez, a local Catholic priest who has a vendetta against gays that the El Paso Times has given a forum to before.
The El Paso Times was contacted several times by The Advocate, but the newspaper has not yet released a statement on the ad or its advertisement policies. A writer from the El Paso Times did indicate that many people were unhappy with their decision to run the ad and that the paper was working on their own story concerning the matter. The ad reached approximately 108,000 people, the circulation of the El Paso Times.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Federal Judge Rules Florida's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Past '40 Under 40' Honorees Are Still Changing The World