See the Ad Calling Gays "Depraved"
BY Neal Broverman
August 30 2011 2:15 PM ET
A full-page ad that ran in Saturday's El Paso Times that used words like "poison," "evil," and "putrid" to describe homosexuality has been removed from the newspaper's digital edition.
The advertisement comes from Michael Rodriguez, a local Catholic priest who has a vendetta against gays that the El Paso Times has given a forum to before.
The El Paso Times was contacted several times by The Advocate, but the newspaper has not yet released a statement on the ad or its advertisement policies. A writer from the El Paso Times did indicate that many people were unhappy with their decision to run the ad and that the paper was working on their own story concerning the matter. The ad reached approximately 108,000 people, the circulation of the El Paso Times.
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer'
- WATCH: 20 Strangers Kiss for the First Time
- S.C. House Approves Budget Cuts to Colleges With LGBT Curricula
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Transgender 'Tranny Awards' Changes Its Name, Not Its Nature 9 min 19 sec ago
- Love and Sex WATCH: 20 Strangers Kiss for the First Time 11 min 53 sec ago
- Women Why You Need to See Demi Lovato's Neon Lights Tour STAT 18 min 6 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Young Repubs Express Big Support for Marriage Equality 37 min 37 sec ago
- Television Teen Wolf Adds Gay Character, Expands Lacrosse Team 41 min 32 sec ago
- Television Teen Wolf Adds Gay Character, Expands Lacrosse Team 41 min 33 sec ago
- Women 5 Reasons to Watch CW's Arrow and 'Quiver!' 41 min 43 sec ago