See the Ad Calling Gays "Depraved"
BY Neal Broverman
August 30 2011 1:15 PM ET
A full-page ad that ran in Saturday's El Paso Times that used words like "poison," "evil," and "putrid" to describe homosexuality has been removed from the newspaper's digital edition.
The advertisement comes from Michael Rodriguez, a local Catholic priest who has a vendetta against gays that the El Paso Times has given a forum to before.
The El Paso Times was contacted several times by The Advocate, but the newspaper has not yet released a statement on the ad or its advertisement policies. A writer from the El Paso Times did indicate that many people were unhappy with their decision to run the ad and that the paper was working on their own story concerning the matter. The ad reached approximately 108,000 people, the circulation of the El Paso Times.
- Marriage Equality Senate Republicans Introduce 'License to Discriminate' Bill 5 min 53 sec ago
- Entertainment News TV Icon Bob Newhart Scheduled For Antigay Org Event With Rick Santorum 26 min 33 sec ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Follow 24 Hours in LGBT America 1 hour 56 min ago
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: Russian Doll? 9:18 AM
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 7:00 AM
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 6:30 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 5:00 AM