Fatherhood for Congressman Jared Polis
September 30 2011 9:02 PM ET
Congress has its first openly gay dad.
On Friday, Colorado Democrat Rep. Jared Polis and his partner, Marlon Reis, welcomed into the world their newborn son, Caspian Julius, weighing 8 lbs, 12 oz.
"Baby and parents are doing well, baby has learned to cry already! No gifts please, just nice thoughts for Caspian, humankind, the planet, and the universe!" Polis, one of four openly gay House members, and Reis announced in a brief statement.
“With the new addition to his family, Representative Polis now joins the list of one million LGBT parents, both single and coupled, raising two million children in America today,” Family Equality Council Jennifer Chrisler said Friday in congratulating Polis and Reis on the new addition to their family.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student 25 min 46 sec ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship 35 min 31 sec ago
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked 51 min 43 sec ago
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition 1 hour 24 min ago
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder 1 hour 56 min ago
- Politics Puerto Rico House Approves Antidiscrimination Bill 2 hours 4 min ago
- Entertainment News Week in Geek: Star Trek Actor Gets Wet and Naked, Justice League, and More 2 hours 52 min ago