Fatherhood for Congressman Jared Polis
September 30 2011 9:02 PM ET
Congress has its first openly gay dad.
On Friday, Colorado Democrat Rep. Jared Polis and his partner, Marlon Reis, welcomed into the world their newborn son, Caspian Julius, weighing 8 lbs, 12 oz.
"Baby and parents are doing well, baby has learned to cry already! No gifts please, just nice thoughts for Caspian, humankind, the planet, and the universe!" Polis, one of four openly gay House members, and Reis announced in a brief statement.
“With the new addition to his family, Representative Polis now joins the list of one million LGBT parents, both single and coupled, raising two million children in America today,” Family Equality Council Jennifer Chrisler said Friday in congratulating Polis and Reis on the new addition to their family.
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- Martina Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 46 min 3 sec ago
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM