Fatherhood for Congressman Jared Polis
September 30 2011 8:02 PM ET
Congress has its first openly gay dad.
On Friday, Colorado Democrat Rep. Jared Polis and his partner, Marlon Reis, welcomed into the world their newborn son, Caspian Julius, weighing 8 lbs, 12 oz.
"Baby and parents are doing well, baby has learned to cry already! No gifts please, just nice thoughts for Caspian, humankind, the planet, and the universe!" Polis, one of four openly gay House members, and Reis announced in a brief statement.
“With the new addition to his family, Representative Polis now joins the list of one million LGBT parents, both single and coupled, raising two million children in America today,” Family Equality Council Jennifer Chrisler said Friday in congratulating Polis and Reis on the new addition to their family.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment