Cher: The Comic
BY Jeremy Kinser
October 12 2011 7:55 PM ET
The latest incarnation for versatile entertainer Cher will be a comic book version of her life and career.
Writer Marc Shapiro describes Cher's storied life and accomplished career as reading like a comic book. “So much of what Cher has experienced is so flamboyant, over the top and just plain out there,” he says. “She has been very much the real life equivalent of a superhero, and writing about Cher, to a large degree, has been just about letting my imagination go."
The iconic celebrity is the latest in the Female Force series. The 32-page comic book will be available in December.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Op-ed: Human Sexuality Is More Than Gay And Straight
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel A Perfect Day in Rio 11 min 37 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 2 hours 40 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 4:34 AM
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 4:00 AM
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 4:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 4:00 AM
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM