Out 100: Model Andrej Pejic is Stylemaker of the Year
BY Lucas Grindley
October 31 2011 7:06 PM ET
The 17th annual Out 100 celebrates individualism, and the power each of us have "to inspire and motive by example."
Model Andrej Pejic, who walks in both men's and women's shows, is Out magazine's Stylemaker of the Year. He made headlines by wearing a leather Versace pencil skirt to meet with the Queen of England in October.
"Let's face it, we all love a good queen," he told Out, which shot him posing with a snake in homage to a similar portrait of Nastassja Kinski. (All of this year's images are inspired by iconic portraits of the 20th century.)
Pejic is known for bending the definition of beauty, erasing its traditional male or female borders. And he tells Out that he has to "work twice as hard to be taken seriously."
What has been released so far of the Out 100 includes comedians and actors, plus activists such as Dustin Lance Black (pictured) and even a federal judge. Watch Out.com for updates.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Filmmaker Needs Help to Penetrate the South 5 min 31 sec ago
- Commentary NYC Hate Crimes: Why I'm Afraid for First Time in My Life 22 min 51 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Portia de Rossi Spills Ellen's Most Annoying Habit to Jennifer Aniston 45 min 54 sec ago
- Living Well Why Shacking Up Is Good For Your Health 51 min 57 sec ago
- Politics Schumer: The Reason We Excluded Gays Offers 'Little Comfort' 1 hour 48 min ago
- World News PHOTOS: Startling Response to Right-Winger's Suicide in Notre Dame 2 hours 17 min ago
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 11:07 AM