Out 100: Model Andrej Pejic is Stylemaker of the Year
BY Lucas Grindley
October 31 2011 7:06 PM ET
The 17th annual Out 100 celebrates individualism, and the power each of us have "to inspire and motive by example."
Model Andrej Pejic, who walks in both men's and women's shows, is Out magazine's Stylemaker of the Year. He made headlines by wearing a leather Versace pencil skirt to meet with the Queen of England in October.
"Let's face it, we all love a good queen," he told Out, which shot him posing with a snake in homage to a similar portrait of Nastassja Kinski. (All of this year's images are inspired by iconic portraits of the 20th century.)
Pejic is known for bending the definition of beauty, erasing its traditional male or female borders. And he tells Out that he has to "work twice as hard to be taken seriously."
What has been released so far of the Out 100 includes comedians and actors, plus activists such as Dustin Lance Black (pictured) and even a federal judge. Watch Out.com for updates.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 51 min 18 sec ago
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 2 hours 55 min ago
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 8:27 AM
- Travel A Perfect Day in Rio 7:59 AM
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 5:30 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 4:34 AM
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 4:00 AM