Suspect Arrested in Flight Attendant Case
BY Winston Gieseke
October 31 2011 4:45 PM ET
The family of a U.S. Airways flight attendant found dead in Mexico City says a suspect has been arrested for the murder.
Fox News reports that the body of Phoenix-based Nick Aaronson, who was spending a layover at the Hilton Hotel in the Mexican capital, was found early Saturday morning by colleagues. “He was lying naked face down on the floor of his room at the Hilton Hotel, with his own belt tied around his neck and another belt around his hands,” according to the story. “His possessions were strewn about the room.”
The victim’s mother, Anita Aaranson, told local KPHO Sunday that police had reviewed hotel security cameras and made an arrest in the case.
"He was only 27 and he had so much to live for, and he was so charming and was just a really nice man," she said. "I wish they had the death penalty in Mexico. [The person responsible for this] took the bright light out of my life."
A friend of the Aaronson family revealed to CBS 5 News that detectives had used GPS to track the victim's stolen iPhone to the suspect.
Aaronson, who was gay, was active with LGBT rights advocacy groups in Phoenix.
Read more here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 1 hour 39 min ago
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM