Jarrett Barrios Returns to Massachusetts for New Job
BY Lucas Grindley
November 22 2011 4:54 PM ET
The former president of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation has landed a new job back in his home state of Massachusetts.
Jarrett Barrios was named a regional executive for the American Red Cross of Eastern Massachusetts, reports The Boston Globe. And he will begin in his new role on November 29.
Barrios returns to his home state, where he graduated from Harvard and later went on to represent the Cambridge area in the state Senate in 1998.
He resigned from GLAAD amid turmoil in June after a donation from AT&T was questioned for whether it influenced GLAAD's decision to offer an opinion in the Net neutrality debate. A group of board members followed Barrios after he announced his resignation.
Read more about Barrios's new job at The Boston Globe.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing