Marcus Bachmann Presidential Pledge: Do Away With Same-Sex Marriage
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
December 16 2011 8:20 PM ET
Marcus Bachmann, husband of presidential candidate Michele Bachmann, wants to make one thing clear: he's got an agenda as potential First Husband (or is that First Gentleman? First Spouse?) and the LGBT world isn't going to like it. His top priority? According to The New York Times, he'll coordinate a nationwide campaign to do away with same-sex marriage and abortion rights.
"We are going to get this message across," he said. "Marriage is between one man and one woman. We are going to promote families."
Bachmann, who runs a controversial Christian counseling clinic that reportedly does so-called gay conversion therapy, said he'd also support his wife's gun rights position. The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that Bachmann reaffirmed his manhood and love of the Second Rights Amendment by firing off a few rounds from a .45 caliber Kimber pistol.
"This is fun," he told reporters. "It smells good. It feels good."
- Commentary Op-ed: No One Is Invincible 31 min 10 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: NOM Can’t Shut Me Down 31 min 33 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS Everything You Need to Know About PrEP 35 min 20 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Transmit HIV Through Oral Sex? 47 min 6 sec ago
- Current Issue Derek Jarman's Alternative to The New Gay Credo 1 hour 30 min ago
- Archives From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69 1 hour 31 min ago
- Religion Op-Ed: Pope's Legacy Will Be That He's Willing to Listen 4:00 AM