Marcus Bachmann Presidential Pledge: Do Away With Same-Sex Marriage
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
December 16 2011 8:20 PM ET
Marcus Bachmann, husband of presidential candidate Michele Bachmann, wants to make one thing clear: he's got an agenda as potential First Husband (or is that First Gentleman? First Spouse?) and the LGBT world isn't going to like it. His top priority? According to The New York Times, he'll coordinate a nationwide campaign to do away with same-sex marriage and abortion rights.
"We are going to get this message across," he said. "Marriage is between one man and one woman. We are going to promote families."
Bachmann, who runs a controversial Christian counseling clinic that reportedly does so-called gay conversion therapy, said he'd also support his wife's gun rights position. The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that Bachmann reaffirmed his manhood and love of the Second Rights Amendment by firing off a few rounds from a .45 caliber Kimber pistol.
"This is fun," he told reporters. "It smells good. It feels good."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- WATCH: CIA Contractor Details Antigay Harassment by Colleagues in War Zone
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding