Marcus Bachmann Presidential Pledge: Do Away With Same-Sex Marriage
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
December 16 2011 8:20 PM ET
Marcus Bachmann, husband of presidential candidate Michele Bachmann, wants to make one thing clear: he's got an agenda as potential First Husband (or is that First Gentleman? First Spouse?) and the LGBT world isn't going to like it. His top priority? According to The New York Times, he'll coordinate a nationwide campaign to do away with same-sex marriage and abortion rights.
"We are going to get this message across," he said. "Marriage is between one man and one woman. We are going to promote families."
Bachmann, who runs a controversial Christian counseling clinic that reportedly does so-called gay conversion therapy, said he'd also support his wife's gun rights position. The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that Bachmann reaffirmed his manhood and love of the Second Rights Amendment by firing off a few rounds from a .45 caliber Kimber pistol.
"This is fun," he told reporters. "It smells good. It feels good."
- Hot Sheet: Super Duper Star Zack
- Florist Counter-Sues Washington, Arguing She Has a Right to Discriminate
- Protests Continue But Opponents in France Get Final Loss
- WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News
- The Story of How Jason Collins Came Out to His Twin Brother
- Herndon Graddick Resigns as President of GLAAD
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM
- Sports UFC Comes Down Hard on Homophobic Wrestler May 17 2013 6:49 PM