Marcus Bachmann Presidential Pledge: Do Away With Same-Sex Marriage
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
December 16 2011 7:20 PM ET
Marcus Bachmann, husband of presidential candidate Michele Bachmann, wants to make one thing clear: he's got an agenda as potential First Husband (or is that First Gentleman? First Spouse?) and the LGBT world isn't going to like it. His top priority? According to The New York Times, he'll coordinate a nationwide campaign to do away with same-sex marriage and abortion rights.
"We are going to get this message across," he said. "Marriage is between one man and one woman. We are going to promote families."
Bachmann, who runs a controversial Christian counseling clinic that reportedly does so-called gay conversion therapy, said he'd also support his wife's gun rights position. The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that Bachmann reaffirmed his manhood and love of the Second Rights Amendment by firing off a few rounds from a .45 caliber Kimber pistol.
"This is fun," he told reporters. "It smells good. It feels good."
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 1 hour 3 min ago
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member December 08 2013 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights December 08 2013 1:47 AM