Living Social Says “It Gets Better”
BY Trudy Ring
February 05 2012 7:30 PM ET
Living Social, the company offering discount deals on goods, services, and entertainment around the world, is offering some encouragement to LGBT youths with an It Gets Better video.
In the video, several employees recall difficulties they encountered growing up. One recalls not wanting to return to school when he was in sixth grade and being afraid to tell his parents that he was being bullied for being gay. “I was so afraid to tell them what the kids were calling me,” he says. But they stress that life improved for them as adults, and they encourage LGBT kids and their allies to stand up to harassment. “Come out as an ally every day and make it better,” one woman says.
Watch the video here, and find more new videos from a variety of individuals at the It Gets Better Project website.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 1:01 PM
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM