Pa. House Puts Brakes on Constitutional Marriage Ban
BY Neal Broverman
March 13 2012 2:50 PM ET
A proposed bill to constitutionally ban same-sex marriage in Pennsylvania was blocked and killed by the state's GOP-dominated House of Representatives.
Equality Pennsylvania thanked legislators for putting an end to HB 1434, which it called "mean-spirited and nonsensical."
"In 2012, this is not an issue," read a press release from EP. "It creates no jobs. It comes with hidden costs. It forcefully terminates existing domestic partnership benefits of thousands of municipal and state employees. It takes even the discussion of granting civil unions or domestic partnership benefits off the table. And as polls show, it is out of touch with the point of view of most Pennsylvanians."
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM