Whitney: Cocaine May Have Triggered Heart Attack
BY Neal Broverman
March 22 2012 5:25 PM ET
The Los Angeles County Coroner's Report on Whitney Houston was released today and while "accidental drowning" is listed as the cause of death, cocaine was found in the star's system.
An insider tells TMZ that the drug, along with the singer's heart disease, may have triggered a heart attack that rendered her unconscious, leading to her drowning in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton.
While no cocaine was found in Houston's room, prescription pills were, though the the amount did not appear excessive. As reported earlier, Houston planned to participate in an antibullying campaign on the day of her death.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model