Whitney: Cocaine May Have Triggered Heart Attack
BY Neal Broverman
March 22 2012 5:25 PM ET
The Los Angeles County Coroner's Report on Whitney Houston was released today and while "accidental drowning" is listed as the cause of death, cocaine was found in the star's system.
An insider tells TMZ that the drug, along with the singer's heart disease, may have triggered a heart attack that rendered her unconscious, leading to her drowning in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton.
While no cocaine was found in Houston's room, prescription pills were, though the the amount did not appear excessive. As reported earlier, Houston planned to participate in an antibullying campaign on the day of her death.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View