Whitney: Cocaine May Have Triggered Heart Attack
BY Neal Broverman
March 22 2012 6:25 PM ET
The Los Angeles County Coroner's Report on Whitney Houston was released today and while "accidental drowning" is listed as the cause of death, cocaine was found in the star's system.
An insider tells TMZ that the drug, along with the singer's heart disease, may have triggered a heart attack that rendered her unconscious, leading to her drowning in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton.
While no cocaine was found in Houston's room, prescription pills were, though the the amount did not appear excessive. As reported earlier, Houston planned to participate in an antibullying campaign on the day of her death.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- WATCH: Neil Patrick Harris Explains He Got Married for His Kids
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Gay Inaugural Poet's Marriage Equality Tribute Will Give You Goosebumps
- WATCH: Supreme and Federal Courts Play Waiting Game on Marriage