Whitney: Cocaine May Have Triggered Heart Attack
BY Neal Broverman
March 22 2012 6:25 PM ET
The Los Angeles County Coroner's Report on Whitney Houston was released today and while "accidental drowning" is listed as the cause of death, cocaine was found in the star's system.
An insider tells TMZ that the drug, along with the singer's heart disease, may have triggered a heart attack that rendered her unconscious, leading to her drowning in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton.
While no cocaine was found in Houston's room, prescription pills were, though the the amount did not appear excessive. As reported earlier, Houston planned to participate in an antibullying campaign on the day of her death.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- College Reddit User Turns Arkansas Governor’s Website Into LGBT Forum