Gay Chilean Dies Following Neo-Nazi Attack
BY Josh Hinkle
March 28 2012 2:54 PM ET
Gay Chilean Daniel Zamudio died Tuesday after being in critical condition for more than three weeks.
Zamudio was beaten at a park in Santiago, Chile, March 3 by four gang members allegedly associated with a neo-Nazi group. According to Buenos Aires Herald, Zamudio was violently hit in the head, burned with cigarettes, marked with Nazi symbols and cut part of his ear.
"He is a victim of homophobia, of the hatred that some have towards those who have a different sexual orientation," Jamie Parada, leader of the Homosexual Liberation Movement, said to the Herald. "Today, we consider him a martyr."
Four suspects ranging in age from 19 to 25 have been arrested and charged with attempted murder reports the Herald. New charges have not yet been filed following Zamudio's death.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain 2 hours 12 min ago
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 5:44 PM