Kathy Griffin Promises "Watercooler Moment" With Adam Lambert
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 18 2011 5:00 AM ET
Equality California honored a list of big names, including Facebook and Adam Lambert, during its awards gala this weekend.
Facebook received the Equality Advocate Award, while Lambert was this year's Equality Idol. New York assemblyman Daniel O'Donnell, who sponsored the marriage equality act in his state, was given the Equality Leadership Award.
Comedian Kathy Griffin, who introduced Facebook's honor, took a moment to pair up with Lambert on what she promised would be the night's "watercooler moment," even imploring the audience to take out their camera phones and get ready to record. (One of those videos is at the end of the slide show.)
Singer Sam Sparro introduced Lambert, whom he first met in the recording studio while working on Lambert's album. "It's really, really rare to work in a studio with a pop star and have your jaw drop to the ground," Sparro said. "But another thing that makes Adam particularly special is his bravery and his determination to be who he truly is, unapologetically."
Photos from the event follow.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- The Golden Age of Denial: Gay Bible Porn
- New ABC Talker Laura Ingraham Has Antigay Record
- Finnish Postal Service Will Release Tom of Finland Stamps
- Diego Tolomelli and the Stain of Original Sin