I Advocate: A Few of My Favorite Things...
BY Lucas Grindley
November 29 2011 5:00 AM ET
...PFLAG Local Chapters
Shortly after my husband came out, his mother (a former social worker who prefers to talk things over) realized that the closest chapter of Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians and Gays was miles and miles away. So she founded one in Panama City, Florida in 2006. And it's become a gathering point for moms and dads and everyone else looking for a friendly ear. Starting a chapter of your own starts by emailing [email protected], but supporting the organization financially helps ensure it will thrive. Here's information about a "gift membership," which is a great idea for straight allies in your life.
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Tow Truck Operator Targets LGBT Drivers During Gay Days
- Op-ed: NBC's Straight-Washing of John Constantine Is Bi Erasure
- Congresswoman Slams Science Magazine for Transphobic, Sexist Cover
- Arizona: Marriage Ban Wasn't Meant to Harm Gay Couples