I Advocate: A Few of My Favorite Things...
BY Lucas Grindley
November 29 2011 5:00 AM ET
...PFLAG Local Chapters
Shortly after my husband came out, his mother (a former social worker who prefers to talk things over) realized that the closest chapter of Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians and Gays was miles and miles away. So she founded one in Panama City, Florida in 2006. And it's become a gathering point for moms and dads and everyone else looking for a friendly ear. Starting a chapter of your own starts by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, but supporting the organization financially helps ensure it will thrive. Here's information about a "gift membership," which is a great idea for straight allies in your life.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- Robbie Rogers to Become First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
- Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings 48 min 14 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Ex-Girlfriend's Parents Speak 1 hour 23 min ago
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 1 hour 59 min ago
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 2 hours 9 min ago
- Sports Robbie Rogers Returns as First Openly Gay Footballer 2 hours 48 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM