I Advocate: A Few of My Favorite Things...
BY Lucas Grindley
November 29 2011 5:00 AM ET
...PFLAG Local Chapters
Shortly after my husband came out, his mother (a former social worker who prefers to talk things over) realized that the closest chapter of Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians and Gays was miles and miles away. So she founded one in Panama City, Florida in 2006. And it's become a gathering point for moms and dads and everyone else looking for a friendly ear. Starting a chapter of your own starts by emailing [email protected], but supporting the organization financially helps ensure it will thrive. Here's information about a "gift membership," which is a great idea for straight allies in your life.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death