Australian Footballers March in Melbourne Pride Parade
BY Neal Broverman
February 04 2013 6:54 PM ET
Players from two of Australia's professional football teams marched in Sunday's St. Kilda pride parade in Melbourne.
Brock McLean of the Carlton team and Daniel Jackson of Richmond participated in the event; McLean says he was prompted to take part after his sister came out. Also part of the parade was out amateur footballer Jason Ball.
"I don't know if [McLean] would be aware how many lives he has touched and changed in the process of taking the stand he has done," Ball said. "He's not only a role model for the gay community but also for people who are straight because I think he's sort of given permission for straight people to get on board."
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: They're Trans, They're Hispanic, and They've Changed This World
- South African Mosque Welcomes Gays, Women, Christians, Muslims
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Beenie Man Apologizes