Australian Footballers March in Melbourne Pride Parade
BY Neal Broverman
February 04 2013 5:54 PM ET
Players from two of Australia's professional football teams marched in Sunday's St. Kilda pride parade in Melbourne.
Brock McLean of the Carlton team and Daniel Jackson of Richmond participated in the event; McLean says he was prompted to take part after his sister came out. Also part of the parade was out amateur footballer Jason Ball.
"I don't know if [McLean] would be aware how many lives he has touched and changed in the process of taking the stand he has done," Ball said. "He's not only a role model for the gay community but also for people who are straight because I think he's sort of given permission for straight people to get on board."
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- Morrissey's Gay Relationship Scrubbed From U.S. Edition of Autobiography
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM
- No More Bullying WATCH: It Gets Better Speaks to Russian LGBT Youth December 05 2013 6:33 PM
- World News LGBT Rights Are 'Essential Part' of U.S. Foreign Policy, Says Susan Rice December 05 2013 6:15 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge Expected to Rule on Utah Marriage Ban Early Next Year December 05 2013 6:00 PM