Australian Footballers March in Melbourne Pride Parade
BY Neal Broverman
February 04 2013 5:54 PM ET
Players from two of Australia's professional football teams marched in Sunday's St. Kilda pride parade in Melbourne.
Brock McLean of the Carlton team and Daniel Jackson of Richmond participated in the event; McLean says he was prompted to take part after his sister came out. Also part of the parade was out amateur footballer Jason Ball.
"I don't know if [McLean] would be aware how many lives he has touched and changed in the process of taking the stand he has done," Ball said. "He's not only a role model for the gay community but also for people who are straight because I think he's sort of given permission for straight people to get on board."
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM