Meet the Lesbian Parents of Baby Quintuplets
BY Neal Broverman
December 26 2013 2:16 PM ET
Liz and Nadia Harris wanted kids from the moment they married nearly five years ago in Connecticut. Nine attempts later they were more than successful, when Nadia found out she was pregnant with five babies.
The news came not long after the Harrises moved to New Orleans and began working with a fertility doctor there. Nadia admits she had trepidations about parenting five children, but the shock wore off and the joy set in. The babies, Dawson, Maxwell, Micah, Joseph, and Elizabeth, were all born in October in a New Orleans hospital.
Watch a video report on the family below.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series