5 Big Takeaways From Creating Change
BY Daniel Villarreal
January 27 2013 11:27 PM ET
Not everyone had a chance to hit up Atlanta this weekend and attend Creating Change, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force's 25th National Conference on LGBT Equality. That's why we've collected five of the best sessions from the conference.
They include a plenary session on LGBT immigration reform, a fascinating drunken conversation about the future of LGBT activism and a delightful presentation on gender-bending children's books from the author of Heather Has Two Mommies.
Best of all, our takeaways show just how much the LGBT rights movement has changed since Stonewall. It's no longer just about the freedom to love — it's about the freedom to live in a radically expressive and humane way.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 7:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM