5 Big Takeaways From Creating Change
BY Daniel Villarreal
January 27 2013 11:27 PM ET
Not everyone had a chance to hit up Atlanta this weekend and attend Creating Change, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force's 25th National Conference on LGBT Equality. That's why we've collected five of the best sessions from the conference.
They include a plenary session on LGBT immigration reform, a fascinating drunken conversation about the future of LGBT activism and a delightful presentation on gender-bending children's books from the author of Heather Has Two Mommies.
Best of all, our takeaways show just how much the LGBT rights movement has changed since Stonewall. It's no longer just about the freedom to love — it's about the freedom to live in a radically expressive and humane way.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Russia's High Court Declares 'Gay Propaganda' Ban Constitutional
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional 30 min 4 sec ago
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs 43 min 38 sec ago
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth 1 hour 42 min ago
- Entertainment News Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad 1 hour 43 min ago
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert on the Pressure for People Like Maria Bello to Come Out 2 hours 2 min ago
- Women Ms. Fit: A Lesbian-Friendly, Feminist Fitness Mag for All Women 2 hours 32 min ago
- Women Who Was Broadway Producer and Lesbian Cheryl Crawford? 2 hours 38 min ago