NOM to Endorse Mitt Romney
BY Michelle Garcia
April 11 2012 12:55 PM ET
The National Organization for Marriage is expected to announce its endorsement of Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on Wednesday, Politico reports.
NOM President Brian Brown's statement also will ask conservative voters to rally around Romney, especially after former Sen. Rick Santorum dropped out of the GOP primary on Tuesday.
"Gov. Romney was an early signer of NOM's presidential pledge, which represents his commitment to the nation to take specific actions as president to preserve and protect marriage as the union of one man and one woman," Brown's message says according to Politico.
Brown continues to slam President Obama for coming out against Minnesota's and North Carolina's upcoming ballot initiatives that could bar same-sex couples from marrying in those states. Brown also mentions that Obama has directed the Department of Justice not to counter any legal challenges to the Defense of Marriage Act launched by same-sex couples.
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 51 min 5 sec ago
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member December 08 2013 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights December 08 2013 1:47 AM