NOM to Endorse Mitt Romney
BY Michelle Garcia
April 11 2012 1:55 PM ET
The National Organization for Marriage is expected to announce its endorsement of Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on Wednesday, Politico reports.
NOM President Brian Brown's statement also will ask conservative voters to rally around Romney, especially after former Sen. Rick Santorum dropped out of the GOP primary on Tuesday.
"Gov. Romney was an early signer of NOM's presidential pledge, which represents his commitment to the nation to take specific actions as president to preserve and protect marriage as the union of one man and one woman," Brown's message says according to Politico.
Brown continues to slam President Obama for coming out against Minnesota's and North Carolina's upcoming ballot initiatives that could bar same-sex couples from marrying in those states. Brown also mentions that Obama has directed the Department of Justice not to counter any legal challenges to the Defense of Marriage Act launched by same-sex couples.
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade 1 hour 24 min ago
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM