NOM to Endorse Mitt Romney
BY Michelle Garcia
April 11 2012 1:55 PM ET
The National Organization for Marriage is expected to announce its endorsement of Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on Wednesday, Politico reports.
NOM President Brian Brown's statement also will ask conservative voters to rally around Romney, especially after former Sen. Rick Santorum dropped out of the GOP primary on Tuesday.
"Gov. Romney was an early signer of NOM's presidential pledge, which represents his commitment to the nation to take specific actions as president to preserve and protect marriage as the union of one man and one woman," Brown's message says according to Politico.
Brown continues to slam President Obama for coming out against Minnesota's and North Carolina's upcoming ballot initiatives that could bar same-sex couples from marrying in those states. Brown also mentions that Obama has directed the Department of Justice not to counter any legal challenges to the Defense of Marriage Act launched by same-sex couples.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 12 min 55 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM