WATCH: Dan Savage Says Mitt Romney Is a Homophobe
BY Sunnivie Brydum
September 20 2012 6:41 PM ET
On Joy Behar's Current TV program, Say Anything!, gay columnist and founder of the It Gets Better Project, Dan Savage, said he believes Mitt Romney is 100% antigay.
Guest host John Fugelsang asked Savage if he thinks Romney is entirely antigay, or "just 47% antigay," a reference to the recent video featuring the Republican presidential nominee speaking at a private fundraiser, telling supporters it isn't his responsibility to care about the 47% of the country that doesn't pay state income taxes.
"Whether someone punches you in the nose because they really hate you, or they punch you in the nose because they want to impress people who hate you, you still have a broken goddamn nose," said Savage. "I'm not going to look into Mitt Romney's stoney little heart, I'm not going to bust open that bank vault in the Cayman Islands and retrieve his heart to look at it. What I care about is policy — and his policies are homophobic and by my estimation, that man is a homophobe."
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House