Facebook Adds Married Icons for Gay Users
BY Michelle Garcia
July 02 2012 12:13 PM ET
At Facebook, change is all in the details.
Social networking giant Facebook has added two new icons to denote same-sex married couples for LGBT users. Previously on the Facebook Timeline, being married was symbolized by a bride-and-groom icon. Now same-sex couples can choose either two brides or two grooms, according to the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.
This follows a few other inclusive changes for users, including the ability to choose civil unions or domestic partnerships as a relationship status. GLAAD honored Facebook for its efforts to decrease bullying on the website, and miscellaneous inclusive moves.
- Commentary Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation 20 min 33 sec ago
- Day in LGBT America The Many Faces of LGBT Family 1 hour 20 min ago
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 1 hour 21 min ago
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM