Facebook Adds Married Icons for Gay Users
BY Michelle Garcia
July 02 2012 12:13 PM ET
At Facebook, change is all in the details.
Social networking giant Facebook has added two new icons to denote same-sex married couples for LGBT users. Previously on the Facebook Timeline, being married was symbolized by a bride-and-groom icon. Now same-sex couples can choose either two brides or two grooms, according to the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.
This follows a few other inclusive changes for users, including the ability to choose civil unions or domestic partnerships as a relationship status. GLAAD honored Facebook for its efforts to decrease bullying on the website, and miscellaneous inclusive moves.
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers