Facebook Adds Married Icons for Gay Users
BY Michelle Garcia
July 02 2012 1:13 PM ET
At Facebook, change is all in the details.
Social networking giant Facebook has added two new icons to denote same-sex married couples for LGBT users. Previously on the Facebook Timeline, being married was symbolized by a bride-and-groom icon. Now same-sex couples can choose either two brides or two grooms, according to the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.
This follows a few other inclusive changes for users, including the ability to choose civil unions or domestic partnerships as a relationship status. GLAAD honored Facebook for its efforts to decrease bullying on the website, and miscellaneous inclusive moves.
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats
- Trayvon Martin Killer George Zimmerman Proves He's a Racist Homophobe
- Why This Latina Photographer Documented the Moment She Came Out to Her Parents
- WATCH: Did a Texas Chef Refuse to Cater This Couple's Wedding?
- Illinois Bishop Reminds Gay Parents: Catholic Schools Will Teach You're Sinning