Marriage for All Families Series Profiles Maine Campaign
BY Julie Bolcer
October 03 2012 10:58 AM ET
Marriage for All Families, a new four-part series focused on the states facing marriage ballot initiatives next month, launched Tuesday with its first installment about Maine.
The video features two same-sex couples, Annie and Meredith and Jim and Steve, and one campaign volunteer, Mick. All of them talk about the importance of winning marriage equality in the state where voters repealed such a law in 2009. Maine this year became the first state where advocates, not opponents, initiated the referendum process based on their assessment of the campaign’s viability.
The series is produced by New Left Media and The Four. According to the creators, “Marriage for All Families captures the real experience of same-sex couples, to show that they have the same challenges, responsibilities, and aspirations as other couples. Still, they are strangers in the eyes of the law. That’s why marriage equality is so important: it aligns personal reality with legal reality, as a simple matter of fairness and equality.”
Look for part 2 of the series next Tuesday on TheFour.com.
- Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant March 15 2014 11:57 AM
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda March 15 2014 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina March 15 2014 4:00 AM