WATCH: New Nordstrom Commercial Includes Same-Sex Couples
BY Jase Peeples
April 08 2013 1:00 PM ET
However, unlike other companies who have been setting the standard for LGBT-inclusive advertising, “Nordstrom: The Ultimate Wedding Party” is particularly subtle with its inclusion.
Though it appears two of the wedding parties in the commercial for Nordstrom’s wedding boutique are for same-sex couples, their inclusion can be easily missed or even interpreted as members of the parties for their straight counterparts.
Nevertheless, the inclusion of LGBT allies Macklemore and Ryan Lewis is a respectable nod to marriage equality as well.
Watch the video below to see if you feel the ad is a bold move by Nordstrom, or a weak attempt at inclusion.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House