WATCH: New Nordstrom Commercial Includes Same-Sex Couples
BY Jase Peeples
April 08 2013 1:00 PM ET
However, unlike other companies who have been setting the standard for LGBT-inclusive advertising, “Nordstrom: The Ultimate Wedding Party” is particularly subtle with its inclusion.
Though it appears two of the wedding parties in the commercial for Nordstrom’s wedding boutique are for same-sex couples, their inclusion can be easily missed or even interpreted as members of the parties for their straight counterparts.
Nevertheless, the inclusion of LGBT allies Macklemore and Ryan Lewis is a respectable nod to marriage equality as well.
Watch the video below to see if you feel the ad is a bold move by Nordstrom, or a weak attempt at inclusion.
- Kim Davis 'In Custody' for Contempt of Court
- Mo. Trans Student's Bathroom Struggle Is History Repeating Itself
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Kim Davis and Judge Deciding Her Fate Face Nepotism Allegations
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet